Wednesday, October 17, 2012

I think one of the things that keeps me away from blogging, is the slowness of our computer networks in this country.  It sometimes takes forever to download some blogs - I can go and make a cup of tea while I wait!


But that's just another excuse!  I have been exceptionally busy, but luckily the last exhibition for the year is now over (just one more but I'm not involved in the organising).  But when you've been away from the old easel for so long, it takes an effort to get back into the swing of things.  With summer almost here, it should get easier.

I did this particular painting some time ago.  It's of Sossusvlei in Namibia, the oldest desert in the world.  A lot of the sand is red/orange and very beautiful and this particular vlei is a popular tourist area.



The picture was taken by my watercolour teacher when she was on holiday in Namibia, so a special thank you to Penny for letting me use her photo.

A big thank you to all of you who continue to visit and give me that support that keeps me going.  I do visit every now and then but usually briefly and don't leave messages.


13 comments:

SharonWrightArtist said...

hey, Liz, good to see you. I like this painting, it has a surrealist quality to me, having no experience of deserts! Good compo and well painted together with the colour makes it very memorable. I do hope you will find time to paint more!

Ayanangshu Sarkar said...

Beautiful

Arti said...

Hi Liz, I know it takes a good amount of time to read each friend's post and comment- blogging is not easy; especially when you have other commitments.But I love seeing you around and appreciate it whenever you find time to write.The painting is lovely, but that is what we expect from you, don't we? Have a good day...

Cathy Gatland said...

Liz, I am with you on the slow connections...it is so frustrating, and seems to get worse not better. But what a beautiful Namibian scene to calm us with! Lovely to hear from you too.

Marty said...

I'm always happy when you comme back with your beautiful paintings !
I love this one, it's really gorgeous with these wonderful colors!
wish you happy and creative days Liz

Unknown said...

I love the clear blue sky and the gentle roll of the land. What a soothing mood you've created. Nicely done!

hmuxo said...

This is a beautiful painting of Namibia, Liz.! I love how you captured the roundness of the sand...
Excellent job. It's so nice to have you back!!!

Barbara Pask said...

Love this. The patterns in the sand and the shape of that distant hill make such an interesting pattern.

Ajay Patil said...

nice painting. keep blogging

Tweedles -- that's me said...

ohhhh gosh- this is sooo gorgeous!
love
tweedles

Marian Fortunati said...

I miss hearing from you, Liz, and seeing your work.

But if blogging doesn't give you pleasure, by all means do what does!!!

Mary said...

This is a fascinating painting with gorgeous color and value balance and a lovely composition--one of those landscapes that is composed so expertly that it would work as an abstract with all recognizable detail eliminated.

I don't know if you currently check for new comments on your blog or not, but wanted to let you know I stopped in and enjoyed several posts.

I share your ambiguity about blogging, Liz, but continue to work at it because I do enjoy the contact with other creative people all over the world.

Art with Liz said...

Thanks to everyone - I've been quite sinful about blogging and keeping my website up to date. Shame on me!