Thursday, November 19, 2015

Post Paris

I was lucky enough to spend two months in Paris in August and September at the Cite International des Art.  Oh boy was it hot in August!  Going from freezing winter temperatures to that 30plus degree heat was something.

And then last week to wake up to the tragedy that has befallen that great city.  Thank goodness all the friends made at the Cite are fine and keeping a low profile.  But having been there so recently, my thoughts are constantly on Paris and the people.

What a wonderful city Paris is.  There is just so much to see and do and to discover.  Besides the visits to the numerous museums and galleries (big and small), there are the streets and the buildings and that amazing river, the Seine. 
The Cite is opposite the Seine and we had a great view of the river when the leaves started to fall in September.  It was great to take a sketch book and pop over the road to sit and sketch and watch the river traffic go by.
I did a few paintings - this one is of a young girl texting in the gardens at Place des Vosges.   
 The Notre Dame from the river
 One of my favourite museums - Musee Montmatre where Renoir lived and painted
 and his painting of the swing
 with the original swing in the garden
 And to crown everything, a visit to Giverney - I don't know if this is the original boat that Monet painted, but it looked rather great.

6 comments:

Marty said...

dear Liz, you are so far but so close tu us with this wonderful post ! could anybody imagine such a tragedy ?!
french people are so shocked !

love your painting and the photo of Giverny ! a peaceful
gorgeous place ! I saw the gardener in that boat, cleaning the pond !

peace and love Liz all over the world!!

Two French Bulldogs said...

What a nice post
Lily & Edward

Tweedles -- that's me said...

beautiful photos!
love
tweedles

hmuxo said...

Beautiful painting Liz and lovely photos!! Praying for all the people in France....such a tragedy!!

padmaja said...

Great to read this post today Liz, the painting looks very spontaneous and fresh! Plan to visit there one day...

Tara Omar said...

I want someone here suffering from any disease to heal from my story after Hiv disease for the last 3 years and having hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year. At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patient we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patient Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal treatment.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ www.drituaherbalcenter.com. We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Doctor Itua Herbal Treatment..He assured me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Hpv,Pile,Weak Erection,Lyme Disease,Epilepsy,Glaucoma.,Brain Tumor,psoriasis, Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease
 ,Diabetes,Fibroid.