Sunday, November 16, 2008

Roland

This is Roland. He is a gardener in Greyton. I hope there are some gardens left for him to garden after these floods that hit the Overberg. This is an oil I did of him and when I took it down for him to see, I had to take his photo with it. Unfortunately I don't have the combined photo, but I have the memory of his face when he saw the portrait. So I also did a watercolour of the same picture and gave that to him.

This first one is a work in progress, which I thought I'd inc
lude
The final picture. I was never absolutely happy with it, but decided to leave it as is, anyway.


And the watercolour, which Roland took home with him.

2 comments:

Sylvia Jenstad said...

Hi Elizabeth... love Roalnd... very cool...

Dianne said...

Hi Liz,
Your portraits of Roland are fantastic!
There is an award for you at my blog!
Happy painting!