Sunday, November 16, 2008

Roland

This is Roland. He is a gardener in Greyton. I hope there are some gardens left for him to garden after these floods that hit the Overberg. This is an oil I did of him and when I took it down for him to see, I had to take his photo with it. Unfortunately I don't have the combined photo, but I have the memory of his face when he saw the portrait. So I also did a watercolour of the same picture and gave that to him.

This first one is a work in progress, which I thought I'd inc
lude
The final picture. I was never absolutely happy with it, but decided to leave it as is, anyway.


And the watercolour, which Roland took home with him.

2 comments:

Sylvia Jenstad said...

Hi Elizabeth... love Roalnd... very cool...

Dianne McNaughton said...

Hi Liz,
Your portraits of Roland are fantastic!
There is an award for you at my blog!
Happy painting!